Many changes became effective July 8, 2015. Some of them are:
1. An individual MUST PASS ALL required Written Tests BEFORE a CDL Learners Permit can be issued.
2. A Commercial Learners Permit (CLP), MUST be issued and held for a MINIMUM of 14 Days BEFORE an individual can be tested with the truck or tractor/trailer.
3. An individual will be restricted on a CDL based upon the type of vehicle used for testing.
4. The PRE-TRIP INSPECTION Portion of the Testing IS MUCH MORE DIFFICULT!!!
5. To be issued a CLP or a CDL for the first time, an individual MUST provide Proof of Citizenship or Legal Presence.
To Determine What's Required To Prove Citizenship click HERE.
SO . . . BOTTOM LINE . . . GET THE WRITTEN TESTS DONE FIRST. THEN DECIDE THE COURSE THAT BESTS FITS YOUR TRAINING NEEDS!!!
NEED HELP PASSING YOUR CDL WRITTEN TESTS? CHECK OUT HOW NORTHLAND CAN HELP!
FIND INFORMATION UNDER THE "Your CDL Testing" Tab.
ALSO . . . Check out the Testing Fleet (pictured below and on our Face Book page). We spent over 3 years searching for just the right rig to use for this process. It was difficult to find, but we feel we have the perfect combination. In fact we KNOW we NOW have it, because it's been copied by others.
Our Rigs are . . . The RIGHT SIZE and configuration of vehicle. The RIGHT TRANSMISSION to make your experience productive. The RIGHT NUMBER to make everything work in an efficient and timely manner. ALL with the student's needs in mind.